Aiming to knock another nail in tape's coffin, EMC has improved its Data Domain replication capability to chip away at another tape advantage. Many data centres ship tapes between sites for disaster recovery (DR), with important data centres protected by two other sites and with remote data centres protected by a central one. …
Been there, done that
HP NonStop Remote Database Facility has had cascading replication for at least 10 years. One of its major selling points is synchronous replication to a close-by site (for 0 RPO) with async replication to a further site for protection.
It's for dedupe backup...
All the high end storage arrays have that, Symms have had it for 8 or 9 years.
On the other hand, why would you buy a Tandem as a backup solution?
What's The Big Deal
NetApp asynchronous SnapMirror offers cascade and multihop
mirroring - has been available for years + Riverbed for compression = proven solution
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip