Aiming to knock another nail in tape's coffin, EMC has improved its Data Domain replication capability to chip away at another tape advantage. Many data centres ship tapes between sites for disaster recovery (DR), with important data centres protected by two other sites and with remote data centres protected by a central one. …
Been there, done that
HP NonStop Remote Database Facility has had cascading replication for at least 10 years. One of its major selling points is synchronous replication to a close-by site (for 0 RPO) with async replication to a further site for protection.
It's for dedupe backup...
All the high end storage arrays have that, Symms have had it for 8 or 9 years.
On the other hand, why would you buy a Tandem as a backup solution?
What's The Big Deal
NetApp asynchronous SnapMirror offers cascade and multihop
mirroring - has been available for years + Riverbed for compression = proven solution
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack