Aiming to knock another nail in tape's coffin, EMC has improved its Data Domain replication capability to chip away at another tape advantage. Many data centres ship tapes between sites for disaster recovery (DR), with important data centres protected by two other sites and with remote data centres protected by a central one. …
Been there, done that
HP NonStop Remote Database Facility has had cascading replication for at least 10 years. One of its major selling points is synchronous replication to a close-by site (for 0 RPO) with async replication to a further site for protection.
It's for dedupe backup...
All the high end storage arrays have that, Symms have had it for 8 or 9 years.
On the other hand, why would you buy a Tandem as a backup solution?
What's The Big Deal
NetApp asynchronous SnapMirror offers cascade and multihop
mirroring - has been available for years + Riverbed for compression = proven solution
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Kaspersky backpedals on "done nothing wrong, nothing to fear" company article