Data protection vendor SpectraLogic is announcing the first LTO5 drive pre-purchase programme, and is also introducing two new deduplicating disk backup and archive products for small and medium businesses. SpectraLogic is that rarity, a profitable tape automation supplier. It is privately-owned and was founded in 1979 by Nathan …
IBM 7,000 tape capacity?
I'm not sure where that info has come from, but certainly an IBM tape library (3584/TS3500) that can be used with Mainframe and LTO/3592 media does not stop at 7,000 slots. An S54 frame fits 1,000 3592 tapes or 1,320 LTO tapes. Last I checked you could fit on at least 14 expansion frames of this giving 14300 to 18780 approx, maybe more. That's a tad more than 7,000 or 10,000.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?