back to article RM sees sunny forecast thanks to busiest ever summer

The educational software and services supplier RM has seen trading in line with expectations so far this year. It reiterated the comments first made in May, which said that the company expects revenue to grow in FY-2009, thanks in large part to its participation in a number of Building Schools for the Futre (BSF) programmes. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

CC4

Fingers crossed they can pump some of these profits into making the new CC4 network software half as reliable and resource hungry as the old CC3 stuff... 2ghz C2duo and 2gb ram shouldnt be minimum spec for a win xp based solution!

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

busy?

I bet they are, sorting out the total fuck-up that is CC4! We've had it over a year now, and the upgrade to CC4 SR 1 over the summer sent us right back 6 months. Useless piece of crap!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@CC4

How about they spend the money on someone on the staff who can actually do support, rather than just ask a bloody stupid question, so as to keep to the 4hour SLA, that's 4 hours to respond not 4 hours to a fix. (I've spent far too much time being given the runaround by them, loads of tasks in the hope you'll give up and go away, or reloading either the client OS or the client BIOS will fix the f***ing server process thats failing to do something.

4. Steve X

RM?

Any connections with the RM of 380Z fame?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@Anonymous Coward

And all the while the off-the-shelf spec of so many of their machines is an Atom or Celeron with 1GB of memory!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

RM are a joke....

....the only reason profits are up is because local councils have used them as a one stop shop for the BSF projects, due to a lack of experience on the part of persons managing the procurement process.

Their equipment is second rate and their sales tactics are the same as they have always been and their software is absolute shit! They are bleeding the education coffers dry by selling schools worthless crap and no one is doing a fucking thing about it. Fuck RM!

7. Stuart Castle Silver badge

RM?

@Steve X.

Theoretically, yes, it is the same RM. However, I remember them as being pioneers and building reliable machines. I support a lab full of RM Ones (http://www.rm.com/shops/rmshop/Product.aspx?cref=pd1430559 ), and they certainly are not pioneering or reliable now.

In fact. they are the most cheaply, shoddily built and designed PCs I have used in a long time (yet they are not cheap to buy). And to think that when he announced we were getting them, our boss promised an all in one unit that was as sleek and powerful as our 24 inch imacs.. The RM's fail on both counts..

This topic is closed for new posts.