The famous Pentagon tech wildcards at DARPA have announced plans to move forward with a flying, full-size prototype "Vulture" strato-wingship able to cruise the upper atmosphere for 5 years without landing. The Vulture programme got underway last year with three competing industry teams carrying out development work on their …
Save battery power!
Looking at that video, I'm sure the plane would stay up longer if it didn't have such powerful headlight.
Not just the ISPs
$155m for Vulture II. For a moment there I thought that meant The El'Reg paper plane budget was going to eat into the beer budget...
Or is El'Reg bidding on this US project as well? The paper plane is just a test run?
Good work, lads
Congrats to The Reg for getting DARPA to work on this project as if it was their own.
Why do these sorts of things always seem to come with generic "fuzzy guitar" background music?
Do you think the music on the video is something that pentagon execs like listening to?
tech wildcards at DARPA?
Gee Lewis, they've clearly raised their status in your opinion.
Last week it was "noted US military bonkers-boffinry bureau, DARPA". All they needed to do was name something after your favorite mascot. We see the game now.
anyone know what it is
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'