The famous Pentagon tech wildcards at DARPA have announced plans to move forward with a flying, full-size prototype "Vulture" strato-wingship able to cruise the upper atmosphere for 5 years without landing. The Vulture programme got underway last year with three competing industry teams carrying out development work on their …
Save battery power!
Looking at that video, I'm sure the plane would stay up longer if it didn't have such powerful headlight.
Not just the ISPs
$155m for Vulture II. For a moment there I thought that meant The El'Reg paper plane budget was going to eat into the beer budget...
Or is El'Reg bidding on this US project as well? The paper plane is just a test run?
Good work, lads
Congrats to The Reg for getting DARPA to work on this project as if it was their own.
Why do these sorts of things always seem to come with generic "fuzzy guitar" background music?
Do you think the music on the video is something that pentagon execs like listening to?
tech wildcards at DARPA?
Gee Lewis, they've clearly raised their status in your opinion.
Last week it was "noted US military bonkers-boffinry bureau, DARPA". All they needed to do was name something after your favorite mascot. We see the game now.
anyone know what it is
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Analysis Uber, Lyft and cutting corners: The true face of the Sharing Economy