A British university has written an iPhone application to help its freshers find their way to pubs and cash machines lectures and the library. UCLan_iPhone_app_02 UCLan's iPhone app should help students with daily life The University of Central Lancashire’s (UCLan) iPhone app apparently lets students keep up with the latest …
Can students afford iPhones? Are they wasting their student loans?
A few hundred pounds is a small drop in the ocean of student debt which typically ends up around 10-15k pounds per student. Plus, the phone will last them during their entire time at Uni. I bet most students would happily tie themselves into a 3 year contract for the chance to get a really cheap iPhone.
Anyway, I think this is a great idea. Seriously, I am always impressed by these small, niche, novel iPhone apps. This one suits a specific purpose and could easily grow beyond it's current potential. Imagine listing events on campus, or having constant easy access to your own personal timetable of lectures/lab classes. With reminders too!
I could certainly have done with something like this when I was at Uni. This is cool, and it makes me happy. But also a little sad that I'm no longer at Uni.
So have the University of Essex - here it is! i've just moved there and am starting my course next week - this has shown me my way round and shown me where everythings happening:-) http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331015833&mt=8
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait