Rambus has devised a way of making DDR3 memory multi-threaded, so that it can better support multi-core servers. It has worked with Kingston Technology to build a threaded module prototype using DDR3 DRAM technology. The two say early results show an improvement in data throughput of "up to 50 per cent, while reducing power …
Ok this woudl be nice but
How long until Rambus get it made a standard and then sue whoever uses it because they didnt get a license for the patent usage?
Hopefully not very long.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass