Rambus has devised a way of making DDR3 memory multi-threaded, so that it can better support multi-core servers. It has worked with Kingston Technology to build a threaded module prototype using DDR3 DRAM technology. The two say early results show an improvement in data throughput of "up to 50 per cent, while reducing power …
Ok this woudl be nice but
How long until Rambus get it made a standard and then sue whoever uses it because they didnt get a license for the patent usage?
Hopefully not very long.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging