Rambus has devised a way of making DDR3 memory multi-threaded, so that it can better support multi-core servers. It has worked with Kingston Technology to build a threaded module prototype using DDR3 DRAM technology. The two say early results show an improvement in data throughput of "up to 50 per cent, while reducing power …
Ok this woudl be nice but
How long until Rambus get it made a standard and then sue whoever uses it because they didnt get a license for the patent usage?
Hopefully not very long.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS