back to article New Wii by 2011, claims gaming exec

Nintendo could launch a next generation Wii within two years, a leading videogames publisher has forecast. Yoichi Wada, Chief Executive of Square Enix, said he believes that Nintendo will release a “new Wii” by 2011, boasting functionality on a par with Microsoft’s Xbox 360 or Sony’s PlayStation 3. Wada also told the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. GeorgeTuk

Maybe 2012 but not 2011

It would be hard on late comers and they are still making plenty of money now.

I am pretty sure there will be further little upgrades and that it will be backward compatible like the DS > DS Lite > DSi as that has won them alot of friends and customers.

2011 would mean they would have to start advertising next year but it would be hard to get anyone buying accessories for the Wii (like balance board, motion plus and the like) if people know there is a new one coming.

Don't forget there is always the replacement Xbox "just around the corner" according to analysts but I don't see it yet!

2. bluesxman
    Coat

@ GeorgeTuk

I thought there were already plenty of "replacement" XBOXs in circulation, what with the infamous RROD and all...

3. Citizen Kaned

so...

by the time nintendo make something other than a gamecube with a wand (which is what wii is) xbox 720 will be out and it will look shite compared to the competition again.

also sony and M$ are working on their 'girls and old people' control systems so nintendo will soon be left even further behind.

everyone i know with a wii has it gathering dust now as the controller is just a gimic and the console looks like a ps2 on a bad day - with worse sound!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like