Dell's $3.9bn acquisition of Perot Systems comes after two years of sweet talking by Dell chairman and chief executive officer, Michael Dell. While adding the Perot services business to Dell's own will certainly help the PC, server, and storage maker on a number of fronts, the acquisition will almost certainly not be the last …
Not A Smart Move
I think Perot sold to Dell for the same reason he sold to GM: he's run the grift well enough to now, but he's getting out at the top. I haven't worked with any Perot Systems people, but if they are anything like Perots' EDS commandos, then they are mostly show and little go. Back in the mid-1980's I knew a couple of long-term employees who left EDS for positions with their clients (got tired of moving every two years) and watched their shock and horror when they discovered they knew EDS and not computers. Pretty sad, actually.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad