Dell's $3.9bn acquisition of Perot Systems comes after two years of sweet talking by Dell chairman and chief executive officer, Michael Dell. While adding the Perot services business to Dell's own will certainly help the PC, server, and storage maker on a number of fronts, the acquisition will almost certainly not be the last …
Not A Smart Move
I think Perot sold to Dell for the same reason he sold to GM: he's run the grift well enough to now, but he's getting out at the top. I haven't worked with any Perot Systems people, but if they are anything like Perots' EDS commandos, then they are mostly show and little go. Back in the mid-1980's I knew a couple of long-term employees who left EDS for positions with their clients (got tired of moving every two years) and watched their shock and horror when they discovered they knew EDS and not computers. Pretty sad, actually.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'