Seagate spin-off Xiotech has raised $10m in a funding round along with a $10m credit line. It will use the cash for product development. Xiotech bought the Advanced Storage Architecture Group from Seagate, and got access to the Integrated Storage Element (ISE) sealed canisters of disk technology used in its Emprise systems, in …
If Xiotech is going to sell "ISEs which have different personalities and can be mixed and matched in the same system...", the first thing they'll need is the ability to support SATA disks in ISE.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots