Feeds

back to article Pirate Bay's would-be saviour hit by 'bankruptcy order'

Global Gaming Factory X - the supposed saviour of Pirate Bay - has apparently been hit by a bankruptcy order in a Swedish court. It was kicked off the Swedish stock exchange just over a week ago for failing to provide proper financial information. Its shares were suspended in late August. The attempted takeover of the Pirate Bay …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Pirate

ooor

was it a clever rouse to buy some time from the nasty MAFIAA?

In any case, jolly roger still flies high and proud!

Big Brother

Beyond a smear campaign into all out war against them...

It seems they have many powerful enemies in all directions, so its no wonder they are all trying every way they can to discredit, smear and undermine them all. "Throw enough dirt and some of it sticks" as they say.

Big Brother Icon, as it appears the powerful elite don't want any way to exist that could challenge their position of wealth and power, so they are trying as hard as they can to wipe it out.

Wonder what will happen next

There will me a miltary training excercise near there HQ resulting in it be destroyed lol...

Then the RIAA go back in time and wipe out the founders of the company....

Pirate

Arrr

Yer only put this story in 'cos o' TLAPD bein so close an' yer wanted this comment, ye lubbers.

It's all a conspiracy

It's all a conspiracy, a conspiracy I tells you, it's The Man, RIAA, MPAA, Mossad, they're all forcing the company out of business. It's nothing to do with the company, who are well run, they must be if they want to buy TPB.

Bronze badge
Black Helicopters

@MinionZero

...or,

Could it be that a company that was probably already in some trouble hit on a headline-grabbing stunt that they hoped might turn business failure into notoriety, counterculture credibility and investment - and it didn't work, because they had already exhausted the goodwill of the institutions they depended on to stay in business?

I challenge you to find one substantive bit of evidence (actually fuck it, I'll even accept circumstantial) that the Military-Industrial Complex / New World Order / Illuminati / Colonel Sanders had any fucking thing to do with this company's failure. Go on, out with it. Twunt.

Here, have another icon - I know you wanted to use this one too ;)

DT

@MinionZero

A smear campaign? A person can either pay their bills or they can't. Sounds like they've discredited themselves...given they're broke. Geddit, no credit = discredited! LOL

What are you suggesting, that they aren't really bankrupt, that the charges are fugesi? A conspiracy theory in which the establishment has bankrupted them? Pass the tinfoil hat, it'll make a servicable ashtray for whatever it is you're smoking!

Couldn't possibly be simply that these guys are as dodgy as the website is, oh no.

Black Helicopters

@Havin_it

Circumstantial? Certain associates at the law firm representing the Industry in TPB case have worked at the OMX exchange in the past? There's a titbit.

The top-level business culture in Stockholm is tighter-knit than the freemasons, and consists of less than 100 people, who all drink at the same watering-holes on Östermalm. It's as corrupt as a bag of decaying ferrets.

That said, GGF are chancers, but still..

Coat

@Havin_it

Well, depending on the eating habits of the executives at GGF, Colonel Sanders might well have had something to say about it.

@Havin_it

It's the Colonel, and I can prove it! He puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes me crave it fortnightly!

-d

Silver badge

Some days

The CEO apparently even had his BMW, Harley, and boat confiscated because of a tax debt. Just bad luck.

Pirate

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa-snort-Heheeheheheh

We might not have any BOFH, buit thank the IT gods that we have the never-ending-sweedish carcrash.

Well that's the fines-bailout sunk, Time to go down with this ship.

Headmaster

Bankruptcy petition...

The register is jumping the gun a bit. There is a bankruptcy petition, not a order, in the works.

Court will hear the petition in november and then it may, or may not, become a bankruptcy order.

Coat

Re: Bankruptcy petition...

Oh goody, now we can all look forward to another verse of "They're the worlds best company but all their money was stolen by lizards with funny handshakes" in a couple of months.

You know, when the whole sorry affair sinks beneath the waves I'll miss it, watching people scramble for every conspiracy they can find to excuse this mess is just like watching a kitten chase a laser pointer.

Mines the one with the fricking powerull laser pointer in it.

This topic is closed for new posts.