Responding to the inevitable, backup software supplier BakBone is extending its NetVault data backup products to disk as well as tape, building on capabilities it has already introduced, such as NetVault: FastRecover. The company has said it will introduce an Open Data Protection platform later this year, "extending the company’ …
It appears BakBone have released something they've had since 2000.
They always had disk based backup solution in the shape of their proprietary VTL.
How is this news?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders