Google is in talks with the US Department of Justice over possible changes to its controversial Book Search settlement. As the $125m library-scanning settlement awaits court approval, the DoJ is known to be investigating the deal. And according to anonymous sources speaking with Bloomberg, Google has teamed up with the US …
I've read this wrong, but
"where authors and publishers can resolve copyright claims in exchange for a predefined cut of Google's revenues"
implies that if you spot your work on googlebooks and claim it, then google say
"here's a dollar, go buy yourself something nice" rather than, "OK, its yours, would you be interested in selling it as an ebook?"
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?