A former US inmate has pleaded guilty to hacking into the prison's computer system to obtain the personal data of more than 1,100 prison service workers. Francis G Janosko, 43, of Halifax and Plymouth, Massachussets, confessed to computer hacking offences on Tuesday. In return, charges of aggravated identity theft were dropped …
There's 2 things gaols don't get:
1. Adequate funding from Politicians
2. Public sympathy, aka: Votes (see above)
A: Low wages
B: Poor recruitment pools
C: Poor IT systems
D: Cons be haxsors!!!
--What a bitter, screwed up guy. Now a two-time loser.
--What the f$ck is the prison doing with a computer accessible by inmates on the same LAN with sensitive systems?
"In his time in Plymouth County prison between October 2006 to February 2007, he hacked into a database...."
Here's a great idea - send him back to the clinker so that he can try it all over again!
The judge must be a looney. It's like sending Gary Glitter to do community service in a nursery!
was he banned from using the computers? And will the screws enforce this? If not, it's like Gary Glitter doing community service in a nursery in disguise. With the windows shut and doors locked "to stop anyone bad looking at or getting to the kids."
I'd think that said HR systems must be running on Microsopht platforms. And knowing how lazy some underpaid IT workers are, the "system" might just be an Access mdb ... which a few minutes with Cain & Abel will easily crack.
You'd be amazed how many LANs aren't subdivided into "public" and "sensitive" areas...
Flames, coz the firewall should be stopping these "hacks". Now that I think of it, maybe this is the true meaning of "jailbreaking" systems...
His next computer...
Shouldn't even have Minesweeper, let alone internet access!
Somebody didn't do a very good job locking that computer down, either. Hence the icon.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Red Hat, Apple scramble for patch batches
- A BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- CoTW Emma Watson should SHUT UP, all this abuse is HER OWN FAULT
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER