Unified block and file storage has received another fillip, as 3PAR and Exanet have got together to layer Exanet's clustered NAS head onto 3PAR's InServ block array. Exanet provides its ExaStor Clustered NAS (Network-attached Storage) Servers to serve files to servers in a scaleable way, presenting a single virtual file system …
3par very easy to manage?
Clearly you've never had to endure a 3PAR box which has a number of hosts almost being served.
Their allocation algorithm works well during tests but doesn't scale to large implementations.
I know a number of ex-customers who threw their kit out due to the scaling problems.
If you are going to mention other options....mention other options
Such as IBM XIV with either N-Series or native NetApp filers (V-Series) in front....Or how about IBM SoFS with XIV storage in the back-end for single name space. Ease of use, scalability, low price...take a gander, it's all in there.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars