Fraudsters have set up websites supposedly containing info about 9/11 but actually geared towards running fake anti-virus (scareware) scams. Net security firm Sophos reports a number of "9/11-related" webpages that actually host malicious code are using search engine manipulation techniques to boost their rankings on Google. …
"Whether they are using a PC or a Mac?"
You mean Mac users can view web pages just as well as PC users? You'd think the scammers would have the good grace to code crappy IE-only web pages, wouldn't you? What's the world coming to, when even fraud websites are standards-compliant?
Did it have a Bobby accessibility logo on it, as well, prey?
I am curious to know what is to exploit about the 9th of November, was it a special day?
Happy 9/11 day.
Does pondscum know its pondscum ?
These kinds of people are the scum of the earth with no dignity, morels or any kind of honesty.
What do they think about themselves? How do they look at themselves in the mirror.
They are in fact a human stain on this earth. We are not perfect by any means, but I would like to be able to look in myself and not just see only shame and disgust.
There are two threads running through the news reports -
1. People feel bad when other biologics, including their own species, die.
2. Commercial enterprises don't, haven't and won't give a damn unless they can use the opportunity to make money.
Economics is Evolution from the ape point of view - they assume it works by looking backwards, but refuse to see what it's growing into.
Malware spreads mere beginners at 9/11 exploitation
I like that the some commentors think that exploiting 9/11 to spread malware is shameful, but don't see that they are merely small crims in the field of 9/11 exploitation. Top of the pile is a US president who exploited 9/11 (which was planned in Afghanistan and conducted in USA) to start a war over oil (in Iraq).
""...no topical report, however tragic is exempt from the attentions of the criminal mind..."
Once you've ditched enough morality to become a criminal, exploiting tragedy is just good business. I find it odd that people seem more upset at the method of exploitation - which is merely crass - than the exploitation itself, which is actively harmful.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops