Microsoft, Google, Apple, Dell and Adobe systems are ruling the roost when it comes to mindshare amongst the readers of The Register, according to the latest findings from our industry Buzz Report. But not everyone gathers such glowing reports. NetApp, Nortel, Avaya, Salesforce.com and HDS are positively languishing in the …
What a surprise
It's the PC-weanie brigade that bothered to fill it in.
What a surprise
It's the PC-weanie-bashing brigade that bothered to comment.
I am surprised...
I am surprised that Sun did not make a better showing....
- Supporting all major OS's: Linux, Solaris, Windows
- Supporting all major CPU architectures: Intel, AMD, SPARC64, OpenSPARC
- Pressing ahead with groundbreaking OS subsystems like: ZFS, DTrace
- Providing (perhaps the first) industry-standard kernel level disk/file sharing solutions: NFS, CIFS, iSCSI
- Driving virtualization like: Crossbow, Comstar, Zones, Solaris Containers, LDom, xVM/Xen, Hardware Domains, Virtual Box
- Virtualization management solutions, via xVM Ops Center, for robust internally developed virtualization solutions as well as externally developed solutions like: Xen, VMWare
- Leading the market in multi-core technology, watching vendors all copy-cat
- Supplying the first real open storage solution from a system's vendor
- Supplying the first real Microsoft Office competitive desktop suite for diverse operating systems
- Supplying free robust database and support with the OS: Postgres
With Sun really driving the market, with very little revenue in comparison to the poorly-innovating competition, why the lack of acknowledgment by Reg readers towards Sun???
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER