He’s blue, a hedgehog and – from next year – will be back in 2D, Sega has announced. Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com The videogame developer has released a teaser trailer for Sonic’s latest adventure, which will see the spiky mammal return to his two-dimensional roots in a title codenamed 'Project …
Or Maybe the decision
Was based on the fact that 3D has never worked for the blue haired chap?
So Sonic 2.5D eh, there's a big suprise, expect Viewtiful Joe minus the annoying noises, actually they'll be there too.
As long as it is a DLC, he needs to regain our trust before he can have shelf space back.
Might be 2D in the platform sense....
but it looks from the ad and photo that the graphics are still going to be upsettingly 3D (that rotating ring, for example, is far too polished for my liking - bring back yellow crosshatching!!)
Though at least it's a step back to the good old days - 3D games just annoy me, too many degrees of freedom for my liking (read: I get lost, often).
I for one look forward to our blue haired overlord returning.
The one with the rings in the pocket please.
If they do it right...
I could absolutely go for this. I'm surprised that Sega haven't done this sooner, with the rise in casual gaming, and the low development cost involved.
But Sega also have a habit of messing things up, along with a complete inability to market even the best products. I'm a little sceptical.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops