Two web hosting companies have been ordered to pay $32 million in damages after failing to convince a US jury that they were immune from responsibility for their users' actions. Luxury goods maker Louis Vuitton brought a case against two Californian internet service providers (ISPs) run by Steven Chen, alleging that they were …
ISP or web host?
Are the phrases "ISP" and "web host" interchangeable these days? I always thought the former provided internet access, while the latter hosted web pages. Makes for confusing headlines.
It depends; do you consider web hosting an Internet Service?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops