Space shuttle Discovery is preparing to undock later today from the International Space Station following the successful completion of mission STS-128. The decoupling is due to take place at 19:26 GMT. Discovery will return to Earth on Thursday carrying the Leonardo Multi-purpose Logistics Module and departing Expedition 20 …
ISS inhabitants doomed
""The dream of being able to go out and just have an unencumbered view of space - we'll have it. You can open up all the windows and look around and really feel like you're out there"
I'll be honest, I think opening the windows up there is probably that last thing you'd want to do. Indeed it's probably the last thing you'd ever do. Apart from explosively decompressing.
Open the windows? Actually, I think they meant 'open the net curtains a bit'. "Coo, look at what them there aliens over the road are up to at this time of night".
Mrs. Bucket would be proud!
Seriously, God Speed their safe return.
Sounds like a handy space for Dark Star type goings on....
cupola = conservatory
>expanded living space and a "six-windowed cupola"
So they can't sell in this market they are sticking a conservatory on.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS