MSI has formally launched its MacBook Air-alike X600 skinny laptop in the UK, releasing two models: one with an optical drive and one without. Actually, neither has a built-in DVD burner, it's just that one model, the X600-055UK, comes bundled with an external unit. Priced at £799, it's £200 more than the X600-067UK. MSI X600- …
Yet another Air competitor...
That's strangely thicker than the MacBook Pro.
..no guys catching it between their arse cheeks for us Brits then?! For shame, MSI, for shame.
I think you mean "It's a 1.3GHz Pentium SU2700, we think."
And if so, big woo. Single core Pentium, how 90's. However, if the X600-055 with C2D and 4GB RAM is really £799 that's pretty tempting vs. the MBA.
The SU2700 is dual core. All current Pentium branded chips are.
And heavier than a mac pro as well
And heavier than a mac pro as well (13" one anyway)
So an extra £100 gets you a lighter, skinnier 13" mac pro with a 7hr battery life
...but it's all marketing blurb. I'd wait to see the real full specs when it hits the streets. One thing that would make or break my decision to buy is whether the battery is removable and whether there is an option of a "fat" battery, i.e. one with a heftier charge that will last me (intermittently, with changes) through a 15 hour flight !!
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- Yahoo! blames! MONSTER! email! OUTAGE! on! CUT! CABLE! bungle!
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching