Samsung formally launched its Nvidia Ion-based netbook, the N510, at IFA this week - though the machine has been available to buy in Europe for a week or so, if you look hard enough. The N510 also sports an 11.6in, 1366 x 768 display, which will surely appeal to folk who find the netbook-standard 1024 x 600 too cramped. Samsung …
Can't wait for a review
I'll be interested to see how the ION platform stands up. I've just got a sneaky feeling it's not as good as it's cracked up to be.
Is the power draw something like 10W no? Battery life will be crap; still can't play bleeding edge games (like you bought a netbook for that anyway). But you might be able to play HD on a 12" screen.
If that had a dual core processor, it wouldn't be far off the spec for my Sony TZ... which cost 3x as much about 18 months ago..
@Spencer, at least there is now some competition against the current Netbook "status quo" where everything seems to be the same!
Just ordered an NC10. Admittedly it's the size i wanted, the weight i wanted, tried/tested and well reviewed, and has a sim slot which is the primary reason i bought it. Trust something new to come out the day after i place an order, technology eh :s
Badgers. Well, because.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL