This is the problem
Many objectors think Google wants to own the books. They don't they'll give the entire repository away for free, if the can (simply because it's the best way they'll have of making sure no one else can own the books).
No. The scary bit, is that they want own the FACT that you're interested in the book. That's what Google takes ownership of: your browsing habits. They give you more to browse, they record what you browse. =The record of what you browse is more salable to them than the actual things you browse are. Why sell someone's body, when you can have their soul?
as long as they have a download all button, I need to punish my ISP for throttling me at weekends anyway.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone reveals humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.