This is the problem
Many objectors think Google wants to own the books. They don't they'll give the entire repository away for free, if the can (simply because it's the best way they'll have of making sure no one else can own the books).
No. The scary bit, is that they want own the FACT that you're interested in the book. That's what Google takes ownership of: your browsing habits. They give you more to browse, they record what you browse. =The record of what you browse is more salable to them than the actual things you browse are. Why sell someone's body, when you can have their soul?
as long as they have a download all button, I need to punish my ISP for throttling me at weekends anyway.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it