Samsung is to ramp its Story Station external hard drive to 2TB early next year, part of the South Korean giant's plan to become a major name in the storage biz. Revealing its plan at the IFA show in Berlin today, Samsung said it will first up the capacity of its stylish S2 2.5in external hard drive to 640GB later this month - …
Whta does the knob on the front do? Obviously there is on and off, but does it then go on to vary the speed/power consumption of the drive? If not, maybe it should.
Wonder if it's getting USB 3.0 too?
I'm not buying any new external HDs until 3.0 is up for sale, just doesn't make sense when it's a few months away.
Transfer speeds on 2.0 are way too low to support hundreds of gigs of data transfer, just filling half of that 2tb drive would take several hours.
@Iain: Technically speaking, the knobby thingy controls the glowiness of the glowy thingy.
kinda looks like a hifi monoblock
and a cool looking one at that. the knob really does it for me.
"that's what she said"
The original pic was of the Story Station:
Samsung has now sent us a pic of the S3, and I've updated the story accordingly.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market