IBM's web services cloud is rolling into the virtual desktop biz this October. The company unfurled plans this week for its IBM Smart Business Desktop, a new subscription service aimed at large and mid-sized companies that hosts employee desktops from an IBM data center in either North Carolina or Germany. IBM's idea behind …
Yawn...the cloud again
why would I, as a corporate IT director want to trust my data and desktops to a 3rd party? What happens when my internet connection goes away? what happens when IBM's network connection goes away? What happens to my data if, God forbid, the bill doesn't get paid. Just not a good idea.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass