IBM's web services cloud is rolling into the virtual desktop biz this October. The company unfurled plans this week for its IBM Smart Business Desktop, a new subscription service aimed at large and mid-sized companies that hosts employee desktops from an IBM data center in either North Carolina or Germany. IBM's idea behind …
Yawn...the cloud again
why would I, as a corporate IT director want to trust my data and desktops to a 3rd party? What happens when my internet connection goes away? what happens when IBM's network connection goes away? What happens to my data if, God forbid, the bill doesn't get paid. Just not a good idea.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month