IBM's web services cloud is rolling into the virtual desktop biz this October. The company unfurled plans this week for its IBM Smart Business Desktop, a new subscription service aimed at large and mid-sized companies that hosts employee desktops from an IBM data center in either North Carolina or Germany. IBM's idea behind …
Yawn...the cloud again
why would I, as a corporate IT director want to trust my data and desktops to a 3rd party? What happens when my internet connection goes away? what happens when IBM's network connection goes away? What happens to my data if, God forbid, the bill doesn't get paid. Just not a good idea.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests