The USB Implementers Forum - the body behind the bus standard - has said it will now start testing devices to ensure they comply with the USB 3.0 - aka SuperSpeed USB - standard. Compliance means manufacturers are allowed to stamp their offering with the SuperSpeed logo. The USB IF founded its SuperSpeed USB Platform …
BUT I WANT IT NOOOWWWWW!!!!1111 :'(
And if it's all shiny and has flashing lights and things, then I want it Yesterday!!!
"Compliance means manufacturers are allowed to stamp their offering with the SuperSpeed logo" i feel a logowatch coming on!!!!
You can already see the logos
And the first to be tested is.....
.. a coffee cup warmer.
Well the Chinese need to push their USB useless gadgets on us asap.
Been wanting USB3 for a while. You know full well it's going to be a million times more widespread than Firewire or eSATA, and the size of the backups I'm running now could really do with a USB3 port. Get it done, then release a PCI-X expansion card. Oh yesh.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat