Feeds

back to article Rock Xtreme X790

The mobile version of Intel’s Core i7 processor isn’t due to arrive until early next year, so we were a little surprised to hear that UK system builder Rock was about to launch a new range of laptops based around the i7. Rock Xtreme X790-i7-950 Rock's Xtreme X790-i7-950: built for speed, not for looks A quick call to Rock …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

any chance....

that you guys could add the scores you got (or, in future may get, should you chose to run the tests) for the same tests using Mac laptops running bootcamp?

please?

(even have cute face to appeal to your inner nice person)

Boffin

3->3.3ghz means 2.4->3.0k ?

Why do people pay substantial extras for speed bumps? If a laptop is written off in 3years, then presumably a 600quid price hike over the 2.4k model means waiting 9months longer to replace it --- this will be much much more than a 10% slowdown (as if a 10% speed bump of the processor makes a 10% faster machine).

So what if the faster machine comes with some other better components (typically larger HD, possibly better video card): the same holds --- by the time the HD is anywhere near full, the HD costs half as much for twice the size, so better invest in 2-3 years your 600 saved now.

Or am I just explaining the sweet spot and are all the premium payers corporate w*nkers who get away with it? There's a thought. Phd students and lecturers doing the actual work end up with macbooks and Dells while a huddle of profs are typically 80% titanium macbook pro's, just for mailing and typesetting and presentations.

FAIL

Just another CLEVO Clone

Just another piece of CLEVO clone rubbish. In my experience they are noisy, pporly assembly and very unreliable.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/03/hands-off-with-core-i7-packin-clevo-d900f/

http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/products/prodinfo.asp?productid=19#

Bronze badge

design course anyone?

That company needs to get hardware designers! No, I do not want a pavement, I want a good looking device. I don't buy Lada cars, because they do not look nice ... can't they come up with something, I don't know, less ordinary .... I mean even cars are getting prettier over the years, look at the recent Jags or Audis ...

This topic is closed for new posts.