AMD looks set to beat arch-rival Nvidia to the release of DirectX 11-capable graphics cards. It will ship suitable GPUs in October, around the time Windows 7 will introduce the new 3D graphics framework. According to Asian moles mentioned by DigiTimes, AMD will launch the Radeon HD 5800 series - codenamed 'RV870' - later this …
AMD does it again! First to x64, first in graphics!
Hi, I just upgraded my old Athlon64 Socket 754 computer to Windows 7 x64 RTM and it has DirectX11. This made my old computer new, its so fast! Just a few drivers not available which I don't have to use. I think my new Quad Phenom II system will start with a a AMD/ATI HD5850 serices card!
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system