AMD looks set to beat arch-rival Nvidia to the release of DirectX 11-capable graphics cards. It will ship suitable GPUs in October, around the time Windows 7 will introduce the new 3D graphics framework. According to Asian moles mentioned by DigiTimes, AMD will launch the Radeon HD 5800 series - codenamed 'RV870' - later this …
AMD does it again! First to x64, first in graphics!
Hi, I just upgraded my old Athlon64 Socket 754 computer to Windows 7 x64 RTM and it has DirectX11. This made my old computer new, its so fast! Just a few drivers not available which I don't have to use. I think my new Quad Phenom II system will start with a a AMD/ATI HD5850 serices card!
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean