Hitachi's hard drive division has begun shipping - in "limited quantities", mind - a notebook-oriented 3Gb/s Sata HDD with a raw capacity of 500GB and a spin speed of 7200rpm. Like past TravelStar drives, the new 7K500 incorporates automatic data encryption. Hitachi said the drive is one of the first mobile drives to be …
Nice to see Seagate get some competition in 500GB 7200rpm
Notebook power users, rejoice! Too bad it came too late for back-to-school installations.
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?