eBay is close to getting shot of Skype - the VoIP phone service it paid $2.6bn for in 2005. The deal didn't make sense at the time, and eBay has never managed to integrate the technology into its core auction business. Meg Whitman's claim that the combination of the online tat bazaar and PayPal and Skype would "create an …
Easy enough for ebay to make up the shortfall. Just ensure the buyer has to pay vial Paypal - the fees should cover a fair bit of it..
Good luck trying to sell it
With all the other VOIP technologies around today Skype has been comprehensively overtaken not only in technology itself but also in overall price.
Unfortunately like most pioneers Skype is probably destined for a long slow decline into oblivion so why anyone would want to pay good money for it is a mystery to me. Unless they plan to spend even more to relaunch but it could be a case of too little too late.
Betting a gov agency buys it?
It would make snooping easier.
could always flog the thing on eBay...
If all else fails... My initial bid is $1000 btw, but I refuse to pay through PayPal.
Buy it now
One slightly used VOIP outfit. Bought as seen
Buy it now price $1,
P & P $500 million
no returns accepted
Good luck to the buyer
if Skype doesn't match the seller's description
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things