Feeds

back to article Dot Hill punts array of disk arrays

Dot Hill is adding iSCSI RAID storage offerings to its small-form factor 2.5-inch disk array product line, as well as three new products to its mainstream 2000 series disk arrays. The 2322 iSCSI SAN array uses 2.5-inch disk drives, while the 2532 DAS host-SAS array, 2332 iSCSI, and 2732 4Gbit/s Fibre Channel SAN arrays use 3.5- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

MSA2000 G2?

Is this the same as HP have been offering under their badge for a couple of months as the MSA 2000 g2, 2312 / 2324?

Probably....

I would assume so.

The MSA2324 is FC only at this point though, an iSCSI version would be VERY welcome.

FAIL

Dot Hill + HP = POS

Pondule, these systems are one in the same. Dot Hill is an OEM for these low end cheap POS poor excuse for SANs I have ever had the displeasure of using. Sadly, HP sees fit to re-brand them for what reason I can't even imagine. Forget about five nines of uptime...with these things you'll be lucky to get two nines with controllers failing as fast as you can replace them.

IT Angle

Anyone with any sense....

.....Would never use an MSA for anything approaching 5 9's availablity. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. If availability is the driving factor you don't buy a cheap box like the MSA.

In fact I'm pretty sure HP don't market them as 5 9's, for that they want you to buy at least an EVA or XP (if you need serious availability). Pretty sure they position MSA as 3 9's from the presentations I've seen.

This topic is closed for new posts.