Apple is stepping up to an expanded leadership team helping steward the magnum opus that is HTML 5. The manager of Apple's WebKit WebApps Team, Maciej Stachowiak, has been named co-chairperson of the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) HTML 5 working group. Stachowiak is a longtime developer on the WebKit open-source browser …
More foxes in the henhouse
Quicktime, Flash and Silverlight - 3 reasons why HTML5 will be a bumpy ride.
I can see why Google are doing Chrome - its got all the things the three manufactures above have prevented being added as standards by helping in the process of standardisation!
Am I missing something ..?
"Vendor politics within the group recently meant Apple, Mozilla Foundation, Opera, Microsoft, and Google could not agree on a common set of audio or video codecs for use in the proposed specification. The debate had centered on the inclusion of either Ogg Theora or H.264 - or both - in HTML 5. ®"
Christ, surely that is a no brainer to satisy Everyone.
... Microsoft' has an "interoperability and standards strategy"...? Who knew?
Or is the strategy to simply not have any interoperability or standards?
Now there's something you don't see everyday....
How can "Microsoft", "interoperability" and "standards" be used in the same sentence - except when negating each other, of course?
Of course MS has an "interoperability and standards strategy" - and that strategy is to oppose "interoperability and standards" wherever it may be seen.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER