In a bizarre development Yahoo! has lost its search place on the BT Yahoo! home page to Google. BT is the UK's largest ISP and the deal will presumably not do much for Yahoo!'s page impressions, which it puts at 720m a month for the UK and Ireland (that's from 2001). Google already provided the technology behind the search but …
Surely you meant...
Yahoo! loses! spot! at! Britain's! biggest! ISP! ?
That's wonderful marketing speak... Congratulations! You're fired!
Hey Ballmer !
You just bought into Yahoo at the right time - ahahhah
You'd think Bing might have been in with a chance...
twist. that. knife.
Yahoo provided by Google
As part of this new agreement BT Yahoo!’s web search will be provided by Google?!
I wonder if Microsoft's new Zune HD will be provided by Apple?
Yahoo! loses! spot! at! Britain's! biggest! ISP!
Thought the same thing as Beer Monster when I read the title.
....powered by Google?
This surely is a big slap in the face for Yahoo!
You can just imagine the board meeting.....
Yahoo! rep sipping coffee, in walks BT director of commerce, with guy in suit. 'Hello Mr Yahoo! we love your email client, but Mr. Google here is going to takeover the search engine, cos he is more popular than you!
! sign.... well I just had to.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide