The Sony Alpha digital SLR range continues to expand, this time with the launch of a cut-down version of the a900 called, cunningly, the a850. Sony_Alpha_A850 Sony's a850: a multi-feature DSLR with - we hope - a pocketable price-tag The Japanese electronics giant promised that the a850 boasts “virtually all” of the same …
Gives Canon & Nikon something to think about...
Especially the Nikon d3x - the same sensor, but at almost a quarter of the list price?! Amazing. The reports suggest that the high ISO performance isn't any better than the a900 (no surprise), but the ISO 200-800 is super sweet. Also, the built in IS is a really useful little feature.
Almost enough to make me sell my Canon lens collection and get a a850 instead of the 5dmkII I've been getting hot and sweaty about.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss