The PlayStation Portable Go won’t be available in Blighty for several weeks yet, but images of a dismantled model have already appeared online. PSP_Go_opened_04 Images of Sony's PSP Go from the inside reveal its embedded battery Gadget teardowns are nothing new, but what makes these shots of the PSP Go’s innards so …
I expect that there will be *plenty* of units available in the stores then.
Looks like they embedded the battery in hope to keep it away from those "pandorized" batteries enabling custom firmwares. This is a bad trend (Apple does that too on their new MacBooks) because batteries don't last forever and it makes the PSP useless when the battery is dead, as it wouldn't be worthwhile to replace it at that time .
While you're checking out iFixit's site, don't miss the awesome "banana teardown" :-)
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'