OCZ claims is latest solid-state drive is the most cost-effective model based on speedy single-layer cell (SLC) Flash technology. Most SSDs on sale today of any significant capacity use cheaper but slower multi-layer cell (MLC) Flash to deliver storage of between 64GB and 256GB at reasonable - but still more than hard drive - …
That's a great transfer rate; I just rebuilt my PC at home using two 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black (7200rpm and 32MB cache) in RAID0 and I short-stroked them (created a 256GB partition) and get 175MB/s. Plus I bet my access time of 9.3ms gets blown away by the SSD; I only have a USB flash ReadyBoost flash drive, but that manages 0.5ms!
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst