OCZ claims is latest solid-state drive is the most cost-effective model based on speedy single-layer cell (SLC) Flash technology. Most SSDs on sale today of any significant capacity use cheaper but slower multi-layer cell (MLC) Flash to deliver storage of between 64GB and 256GB at reasonable - but still more than hard drive - …
That's a great transfer rate; I just rebuilt my PC at home using two 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black (7200rpm and 32MB cache) in RAID0 and I short-stroked them (created a 256GB partition) and get 175MB/s. Plus I bet my access time of 9.3ms gets blown away by the SSD; I only have a USB flash ReadyBoost flash drive, but that manages 0.5ms!
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it