Nokia has realised that there’s money to be had in… er… money, so has announced that it will launch a mobile phoned-based financial service. Unimaginatively called Nokia Money, the service will enable you to send money to someone else using their mobile number. You'll also be able to buy goods and services, pay utility bills and …
One thing that is immediately raised in my mind is what role the various tax authorities will play with regard to Nokia/Obo and similar schemes. Aside from the tie to a mobile phone number there is nothing new here that Paypal doesn't do already and since most mobiles I'd be interested in are web-enabled already, yawn.
Since the account is attached to your phone, what happens when someone steals your phone??
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Find email DIFFICULT? Print this article out and give it to someone 'techy'
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...