Feeds

back to article NHS email feeling better now

NHS email access is getting back on its feet today after a nasty sick day yesterday. We had several emails from readers unable to send mail to people with nhs.uk email addresses yesterday. Messages sent to the mail.nhs.uk were getting timeout messages. Internal email was unaffected. A Department of Health spokesperson said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Briefly delayed?

Interesting definition of brief there. An email I sent in at 9am didn't arrive until 6:30pm, but hey, what's 9 1/2 hours between friends.

FAIL

For "slower" read "completely broken"...

It was completely dead all day for us, started responding but closing the connection at 6-ish and took another hour or two to actually start working properly.

If all external email was down for the day, I fail to see how only 2% of mail volume was affected.

One MX record, one IP address, £30 million doesn't buy much clue.

Thank god these people aren't about to run a very large database containing personal and confidential information. Oh wait...

Black Helicopters

Maybe it was overloaded

Obviously middle management and have crippled it with targets and bed statistics again. Either that or the staff have been forwarded chain mail again.

Anon because they haven't the resources to run a hospital but they do to sack whistleblowing nurses

Thumb Down

2% ?!?

Email was down for us all day. The NHS has two incoming smtp gateways they were both unobtainable for most of the day.

I can only presume Cable and Wireless hoodwinked the NHS with the 2% figure as it was 100% failure for us!

FAIL

Flakier than a disco dancer....

...In a leper colony...

Welcome to the world of NHS IT - where it takes the people who sewed up their desktops tighter than a duck on heroins' ass - 8 weeks! to work out how to undo it again...

The chance of NHS IT working as per specs for more than about 5 minutes is pretty much as likely as meeting King Arthur and the boys down the local offie....

NHS IT - The once and future cockup....

or to quote the great TP - WYGIWYGAINGW... what you get is what you are given and its no good whining (even if its a BBC 'B' - and yes... im serious)

FAIL

Well and truly buggered

Just to update you all on this, I finally received the reply from my other half over the weekend... an email she sent at 10am on the 25th arrived to gmail at 9:45pm on the 29th.

That's four and a half days to deliver outbound email.

"briefly delayed" eh?

This topic is closed for new posts.