Looking to provide storage cloud facilities, NetApp has upgraded its array software to Data ONTAP 8, added a much enhanced memory caching card, and is enabling multiple heads for its arrays. Low-end FAS 2000 arrays will be enhanced to support multiple heads, joining the existing FAS 3000 and 6000 arrays, which are already …
SPEC SFS Subcommittee chair
The Netapp SPEC SFS2008 submissions were delayed due to an automation error at SPEC, and should have been posted at 8:00 AM Eastern. The Netapp results had been received, reviewed, and accepted for publication 2 weeks ago. It was only due to a software error that the publications were delayed by an hour.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS