Emulex has announced a cross-licensing deal with IBM that it says should accelerate joint IBM-Emulex customers' integration of its converged network adapters with IBM servers. This somewhat half-hearted endorsement is neither IBM certification nor an OEM or reseller deal. In contrast IBM is using QLogic 8100 CNAs in some of its …
Wonder where all those designs wins went?
I'd be asking those questions if I were an Emulex shareholder. Didn't they claim that secret, unannounced FCoE design wins were the reason the Broadcom offer was so undervalued?
"Emulex has also released its fiscal 2009 results and is bragging about four new tier 1 OEM design wins, as if to say, 'see, we can do it successfully on our own.' Two of the four relate to the CNAs, which is a relief for Emulex. Getting HBA design wins is old hat now"
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip