Feeds

back to article NASA scrubs Discovery launch

NASA this morning scrubbed the planned launch of space shuttle Discovery due to bad weather at Kennedy Space Center. Discovery's mission STS-128 to the International Space Station will deliver a Leonardo supply module packed with supplies, including science and storage racks, a new sleeping compartment and the COLBERT treadmill …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Emo
Joke

2 out of 7 NASA

Astronauts can look forward.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Silver badge
Thumb Up

@Emo

Took me a second to get that :-) Here's hoping it's the pilot and commander!

Linux

Strange pic

How come only two astro-boys were leering at the camera?

Bronze badge

Rain?

What's wrong with windscreen wipers? My Ford Anglia 95E (4-cyl. side-valve thing. 3 gears. Think one of them was reverse, but I was never too sure which...tried driving it over the Breckon Beacons in Wales. Never made it to the top, except on foot.) Had 'em, vacuum-driven from the carburetter inlet. 'Course, the harder you accelerated (less vacuum), the slower they worked. They sucked. Or didn't. Therein lay the problem.

At shuttle speed, who the fu*ck wants to see outside anyway?? (Apart from the ill-advised bat hanging onto the foam on the last mission) I'd wet my pants if I looked out of the Shuttle window, - for scientific reasons, of course, just to see how the newly installed piss^Wcoffee filter works.

FAIL

Bullshit

I'm tired of hearing about the manned spaceflight soap opera. WTF are these people actually accomplishing by going back and forth from that aging clunker of a space station? De-orbit the fucking thing into the Pacific, and lets be done with this colossal failure.

Happy

@2 of 7

It looks like there might be more than one photographer, the other five astronauts all looking in the same direction. Embarrassing for an official picture of course. :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.