If you want a better work/life balance then ditch your smartphone, because a survey has discovered that high-tech handsets can sap your personal time. Workers with BlackBerry-esque mobile devices toil for - on average - an extra 15 hours each week, an analysis of over 600 employees by employment law firm Peninsula has discovered …
I refuse to have one
Work have been trying to give me a blackberry for ages now. I refuse to have one.
Or a hands free kit. I watch friends with Blackberries, and they work day and night.
No Thankyee. I head up the IT for a fairly small firm, and it hasn't caused the world or our business to end yet. Oddly this fantastic thing called an Answer phone was invented years ago, I also find most people are willing to wait up to 24 hours for an email reply.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call