If you want a better work/life balance then ditch your smartphone, because a survey has discovered that high-tech handsets can sap your personal time. Workers with BlackBerry-esque mobile devices toil for - on average - an extra 15 hours each week, an analysis of over 600 employees by employment law firm Peninsula has discovered …
I refuse to have one
Work have been trying to give me a blackberry for ages now. I refuse to have one.
Or a hands free kit. I watch friends with Blackberries, and they work day and night.
No Thankyee. I head up the IT for a fairly small firm, and it hasn't caused the world or our business to end yet. Oddly this fantastic thing called an Answer phone was invented years ago, I also find most people are willing to wait up to 24 hours for an email reply.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up