The next version of the PCI Express bus standard, 3.0, won't appear until 2010 and not this year as originally anticipated. Publication of the final version of the specification inevitably leads the appearance of devices that incorporate the standard, so the delay pushes the release of PCIe 3.0-compliant kit out from 2010 to …
a pox on backward compatibility
I'm in the minority here, but too much goodness is sacrificed on the alter of backward compatibility. It was a mistake for CD-ROMs to be bare (unencased), subject to scratches and fingerprints. Pity that that mistake was repeated, first with DVD and then with Blu-Ray.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'