The next version of the PCI Express bus standard, 3.0, won't appear until 2010 and not this year as originally anticipated. Publication of the final version of the specification inevitably leads the appearance of devices that incorporate the standard, so the delay pushes the release of PCIe 3.0-compliant kit out from 2010 to …
a pox on backward compatibility
I'm in the minority here, but too much goodness is sacrificed on the alter of backward compatibility. It was a mistake for CD-ROMs to be bare (unencased), subject to scratches and fingerprints. Pity that that mistake was repeated, first with DVD and then with Blu-Ray.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks