The next version of the PCI Express bus standard, 3.0, won't appear until 2010 and not this year as originally anticipated. Publication of the final version of the specification inevitably leads the appearance of devices that incorporate the standard, so the delay pushes the release of PCIe 3.0-compliant kit out from 2010 to …
a pox on backward compatibility
I'm in the minority here, but too much goodness is sacrificed on the alter of backward compatibility. It was a mistake for CD-ROMs to be bare (unencased), subject to scratches and fingerprints. Pity that that mistake was repeated, first with DVD and then with Blu-Ray.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad