MSI has formally introduced the latest addition to its Wind netbook series - only it's arguably not a netbook. The Wind 12 U200 is powered by a 1.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SU3500 processor rather than an Atom. As its name suggests, it has a 12.1in screen with a resolution of 1366 x 768, driven by a GMA 4500MHD graphics core in the …
So, a Small Cheap Computer that is quite large and fairy expensive. Should sell well.
It's a notebook
12in notebooks are an existing form factor, and nothing new - the only difference is that it used to be the size that execs would use and it would fit into their swanky leather satchels and that their PA's could carry without breaking an expensive stilletto heel, whereas the rest of us would get a 15in monster. The new thing is that this machine is priced low, whereas the 12in machines of days gone used to be expensive, but then again, the whole notebook pricing scheme has reduced mightily since the advent of the netbook.
I like it. More poke than an Atom based machine, a decent amount of memory and a decent amount of storage space. All topped off with a nice screen at 1366x768. A little more expensive than a netbook but a much better machine. I'll take one :)
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests