A Twitter spam campaign launched over Thursday night has seen many users of the micro-blogging site gaining new followers with racy profile images, inviting prospective marks to connect via MSN. The ruse follows the creation of hundreds of bogus profiles, each of which have latched onto numerous potential targets as followers. …
I have seen a few of these 'racy' images previously.
Incidentally, twitter seems to be off again right now (5pm BST)
Porn Spam Nothing New
This is nothing new. Twitter recommends simply blocking the offending user.
This has been a vector on several other "social" sites, including those involving class mates, year books, waste book, ya hoo, and more "dating" sites than you could shake a stick at.
Sometimes I can't believe I am paid to look for these things and report them.
Boss: "Well, you found porn yet?"
Me: "No, not yet."
Boss: "Well look harder, dammit!"
I love my life. :)
..the myspace effect.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...