A Twitter spam campaign launched over Thursday night has seen many users of the micro-blogging site gaining new followers with racy profile images, inviting prospective marks to connect via MSN. The ruse follows the creation of hundreds of bogus profiles, each of which have latched onto numerous potential targets as followers. …
I have seen a few of these 'racy' images previously.
Incidentally, twitter seems to be off again right now (5pm BST)
Porn Spam Nothing New
This is nothing new. Twitter recommends simply blocking the offending user.
This has been a vector on several other "social" sites, including those involving class mates, year books, waste book, ya hoo, and more "dating" sites than you could shake a stick at.
Sometimes I can't believe I am paid to look for these things and report them.
Boss: "Well, you found porn yet?"
Me: "No, not yet."
Boss: "Well look harder, dammit!"
I love my life. :)
..the myspace effect.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad