Next week, the IEEE's annual Hot Chips conference will be take place at California's Stanford University, and it looks like there's an eight-core ante for any microprocessor vendor who wants to make a presentation. On August 24, AMD kicks off Hot Chips 21 with a discussion on blade servers based on the future 12-core Magny-Cours …
Maths Co-Processors? How quaint. It'll be mullets and shoulder pads making a comeback next.
The fact that John Hughes croaked the other day so the TV channels are vying with each other as to who can show the most of his films just adds to the deja vu effect here.
Damn! Now I've just thought of Mia Sara in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and Friday's a writeoff. See what tampering with things from the past can do? Curse you Convey Computers!
Maybe Rock is just sleeping. Anybody got a mirror?
don't need a mirror, just go for a Pulse.. Oh yeah! Doh! blood out of stones and all that..
it's hilarious, AMD couldn't even made a decent low voltage high speed duo core or quad core mobile cpu. Nw they ae going for multicore?
looks like tukwila will not be the first 2B transistor chip
Intel got a little ahead of itself making all those press releases in feb 2008
Power7 is 256 GFlops?
Ive heard that one SOCKEL of Power7 will deliver 256 GFlops, which means that each Power7 will deliver 128 GFlops, just as the Fujitsu SPARC "Venus" CPU. Anyone knows more?
It is funny that IBM clanked on SUN, saying that many cores is the wrong way to go. And now the Power7 CPU has 8 cores. And soon 16 cores? Why didnt IBM stick with 2 cores, and crank up the clock speed up to 8-10 GHz instead? Really stupid of IBM to say so...
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst