As discussed earlier this week there is growing interest in desktop virtualization, despite many IT professionals having limited detailed knowledge of the technologies in this area. The chart below, for example, taken from a Reg Tech Panel survey, indicates a good awareness of the potential benefits across all sizes of …
We recently ran a proof-of-concept project using Citrix XenDesktop to host 3 virtual machines. Whilst we specced out the virtual machines to match current desktops in terms of memory and CPU, we found that there were some serious issues with performance when using eningeering tools such as IBM Statemate design tool and Greenhills AdaMulti compilers. We found that the virtual environment didn't handle page faults and context switching at all well, meaning that some of our software builds were taking around 50% longer to complete on a virtual environment compared to our desktops.
Dan. Typhoon Integration & Deployment Team, BAE SYSTEMS.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN