Sony's development plans for large-size OLED TV screens have stalled, a mole has alleged. The Japanese electronics giant has pushed back the launch of its next OLED TV - the follow-up to the 11in XEL-1, launched in 2007 - until next year at the earliest. Mass-production of the pricey tellies would exacerbate existing losses …
Yep it will cost them
Sony has lost it's place at the top of the TV quality table to Samsung for the moment anyway. Not that there's a huge difference between the two or even between those and Panasonic, Toshiba, Phillips, etc, but Samsung are the best make right now. Same with computer monitors.
OLED might have put Sony back on top. It's difficult to say of course, but my guess is those that make the first OLED screens will be the manufacturers that produce the better TVs in the short term - putting themselves above both Sony and Samsung for their turn at the top.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Do you STRUGGLE with EMAIL? You need ANOTHER INBOX, says Google