Web admins for Gisela Stuart MP inadvertently left password credentials for her site publically accessible up until Thursday. The snafu, since corrected, was spotted by tech-savvy political blogger Dizzy Thinks when a (slightly mistyped) Google search turned up code instead of content. This revealed login details for the …
"This revealed login details for the database behind the site."
Actually, it revealed login details for the database behind *a* site. Not this one. It was a result of exporting/importing blog entries from a previous CMS, and the details would never have allowed access to this new system.
Nice to see Mr Thinks doing good rather than evil though.
This level of incompetence probably explains why she's on record as:
'Voted strongly for introducing ID cards.'
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?