Google's heavily hyped new Caffeine system, that world+dog has been wetting their pants over since its testbed launch earlier this week, is currently offline. Anyone attempting to play with the firm's new search architecture will be greeted with a message titled "System maintenance" that reads: "Please try your search again in a …
Ok, no HHG, but...
...the "we're cleaning up; go 'way" message looks like someone rushed it together in Notepad in about two minutes... a good test of how well [i]your[/i] browser handles invalid, tag-soup HTML.
This from one of the leading corporate lights of the doing-the-Web-right movement. Giving you your recommended daily allowance of irony, but no meat.
Reading between the lines it would seem that google are unable to keep up with the demand for their new search engine :)
play about CAFFEINE!!!!! conflict crash catharsis
in Prolific in the moment PLAYWRIGHT LARRY MYERS' new play
"Caffeine Power Searchers"
the bloggers & researchers crashed into an embankment in another galaxy
when the crash occurred
...Just Jonesin' for Caffeine......
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update