Google's heavily hyped new Caffeine system, that world+dog has been wetting their pants over since its testbed launch earlier this week, is currently offline. Anyone attempting to play with the firm's new search architecture will be greeted with a message titled "System maintenance" that reads: "Please try your search again in a …
Ok, no HHG, but...
...the "we're cleaning up; go 'way" message looks like someone rushed it together in Notepad in about two minutes... a good test of how well [i]your[/i] browser handles invalid, tag-soup HTML.
This from one of the leading corporate lights of the doing-the-Web-right movement. Giving you your recommended daily allowance of irony, but no meat.
Reading between the lines it would seem that google are unable to keep up with the demand for their new search engine :)
play about CAFFEINE!!!!! conflict crash catharsis
in Prolific in the moment PLAYWRIGHT LARRY MYERS' new play
"Caffeine Power Searchers"
the bloggers & researchers crashed into an embankment in another galaxy
when the crash occurred
...Just Jonesin' for Caffeine......
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst