Feeds

back to article Tr.im calls in Web 2.0 doctors, gets stomach pumped

Tr.im, the URL shortening service, has granted itself a stay of execution while it tries to convince someone to buy the unprofitable firm. On Sunday the company, which is owned by Nambu Networks, declared it was shutting down its operations after failing to make money from the site, which is used by Twittertards who want to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Marketing Wheeze

tr.im obviously need to market themselves as saving 17% over bit.ly's wasteful 6 character URL.

Either that, or we shut down Twitter, and both services can go to the wall (where they belong).

WTF?

I don't get it...

If you've only got 140 characters, surely tr.im is more efficient than bit.ly?

Given this, doesn't it make more sense as the choice for Twitter?

FAIL

Free and failing

It's like the Opera of the short URL biz. Added similitude due to the bleating about unfair treatment by the big bad Microsoft^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^hTwitter.

A title

I'm not sure how this kind of service could ever make money. But why do we need more than one of them anyway

Anonymous Coward

publicity stunt gone wrong

Well I deleted tr.im from my bookmarks and it's not going back, so if it was a stunt it has failed horribly.

Perhaps "Linden Labs" will buy them?

They certainly use the service enough -- I'd actually thought it was some cheap hosting company until I folloed one of the URIs.

Deleted from bookmarks

@AC - Same here, stupid idea. Went there, it had gone so I moved to Bit.ly ... they didn't really think that one through, we're all far too flaky on teh interwebs nowadays!

This topic is closed for new posts.